Thursday, October 22, 2009

Rock Legends KISS and Buck Cherry 'rip it up' in Sunrise Florida



Even tho it was only half a KISS.....Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons ripped it up at the Bank Atlantic Center in Sunrise, Florida tonight. They opened to the announcers famous words " You wanted the best - you got the best...The hottest band in the world...KISS' and straight into Detroit Rock City they went...then it was STRUTTER and on and on with awesome tunes from the 70's, 80's, 90's and today. The show had awesome stage and lights as well as the usual burning hot pyro.

I checked and KISS has played 35 times in 35 years in South Florida and I remember it like it was my first time. Well at least the show part. You see....when I was 14 and saw KISS for the first time my mom bought a trip package from Peaches Records to buss me to the old Hollywood Sportatorium (we called it the sporthole) This place was an old concrete building with no A/C, no chairs-general admission on the floor, and it had a wall with cut glass surrounding it and a moat...yes a moat. So I get to the show and the driver tells me to meet at the bus after the show...well I had so much fun rushing the stage and getting Gene Simmons fake blood on my shirt I came out late and couldn't find the bus. Needless to say they left me there and with no cell phones. I had to catch a ride with a strange and I got my ass kicked when I got home. Good times!!!!!

Anyway, Buck Cherry opened the show with All lit up again and played Highway Star by Deep Purple...it was great. I love the old time rock bands bringing back the tours and kicking ass....it makes me feel young again....although the 50 somethings in tight jeans was a little gross. photos and blog by: Marc Serota / RRA Media.com

No comments:

Post a Comment